Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #1

Lately, I have been fascinated with an online styling service called Stitch Fix. For a $20 fee (which goes towards any purchase), the stylists from Stitch Fix select five pieces that work for your wardrobe based on your stated preferences and needs. If you like and purchase all five items, you receive a 25% discount in addition to your $20 credit. You have up to three business days to return any unwanted items in a prepaid envelope. Most importantly, you can schedule your fix as frequently or infrequently as you like. As I get older, I want to focus on more quality versus quantity. Stitch Fix seems like a push in the right direction. Here are the pieces that I was sent.
First up is the Harlot Abstract Print Draped Asymmetrical Top in a navy/ white color scheme. In theory, I should love it. It's got that sexy, casual throw on and go vibe that I like but I feel like it's too long and/or doesn't fit my short torso correctly.
The second and third pieces are the Havana Graduated Fan Necklace and this fuchsia colored Gwendolen V-Back Knit Shirt. The necklace is cool... but really delicate. I love, love, love the color of the shirt but I still feel like the fit could be better (and one of the seams of the shirt is sewn in a way that creeps towards the front, which bothers me). Another positive is that the shirt is made out of 50% modal and 50% cotton (I specifically requested no polyester), so yay Stitch Fix for reading my preferences.
The fourth piece I was sent is this bomb gray and navy striped dress (Carissa Striped Fit & Flare Dress). I love it so much and it's such a versatile wardrobe staple. I can wear it for work or play, as my stylist suggests!
Finally, the fifth piece I was sent is a coral Jordanne A-line Skirt, which fit me more like a pencil skirt. I love the color, however, I know that I can find a similar skirt at the thrift store. As a matter of fact, I have a similar skirt in orange, so I'm returning it.
Overall, I would recommend Stitch Fix as a great way to enhance your current wardrobe with fun, quality pieces. I probably won't do monthly fixes, but quarterly sounds manageable.

1 comment:

  1. Love all your pieces, you can do a ton of mixing and matching and remixing again!

    ReplyDelete